Published: 04 November 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 3rd November 2020
Residents should follow the advice provided by Public Health England to help prevent the spread of the virus.
There are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other
· Wash hands keep washing your hands regularly
· Cover face wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
· Make space stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
National restrictions from 5th November
Use the official websites below for the latest information and advice for the general public:
· NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) for information on what to do if you have symptoms
· UK Government for information
· Hertfordshire County Council Coronavirus – what you need to know
· Herts Help Tell them if someone is vulnerable and needs help
· Healthy Hub North Herts - Information, advice and support
On social media:
For help locally:
· Royston vs Coronavirus Facebook Group and helpline 01763 259203 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest updates from the Council
Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery is closed until further notice.
Royston Cave will be closed until April 2021.
From 5th November 2020, the council’s halls and rooms will be closed until further notice.
The Remembrance Day service on Sunday 8th November 2020 is for invited guests only for a short wreath laying service. Members of the Public are asked to “Remember from Home” and not attend the event. The service will be live streamed via the Parish Church’s You Tube channel and this can be accessed by the following link Royston Remembrance service
Royston Market remains open every Wednesday and Sunday. From Saturday 7th November 2020 stalls selling only essential items will be in attendance.
The Town Council offices will be closed to visitors from Thursday 5th November 2020. Telephones will still be answered between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Tel: 01763 245484.
Royston Picture Palace will be closed from Thursday 5th November 2020 until further notice.